Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gender Bender!

Okay, so impatient me really wanted to find out what the sex of our baby was, so at our last appointment, three weeks ago, I asked our midwife to give us an ultrasound. She agreed and after looking, with a very confident tone of voice told us, "I'm 80% sure you are having a girl. I mean, I wouldn't go out and buy anything, but I'm pretty sure." Well, I was crushed because Jesse and I were both really hoping for a boy, but as the three weeks passed, we looked at all the positives and were getting really excited to have a girl. So, this past Thursday, we had our BIG ultrasound that measured the baby and made sure everything was healthy. Jesse and I kept saying "Oh, is that her hand by her face" and so on. At the end, the ultrasound technician said "Do you already know what you're having?" and we said "Yeah, we're having a girl." Then she proceeds to tell us, "Well, I have a big surprise for you, you're having a boy!" I almost screamed and went into total shock. Yep, there on the screen, clear as day, was a baby penis. I don't know why our midwife was so sure, but it's pretty clear we're having a boy! People keep asking us if we're so excited since that's what we wanted and I think both Jesse and I are warming up to the idea again and getting excited since we had finally been warming up to the idea of having a girl. Ha! Oh, and I also stupidly went and bought a bunch of cute bedding off craigslist that is very much girly, so I guess I'll have to start over. :) So, as my sister Renata said, "I defied the odds." Since there are 17 girls in our family and only 2 boys. Stay tuned for pictures of Liam Jobst Frey come March 1st!

1 comment:

nicole aka gidget said...

"gender bender" - cute! :)